Ripping off the Bandaid

It’s a crazy title when this is a blog about creating spaces/building. This is not the easiest post for me to write. I have had some life altering changes, not the fun kind, over the past two years. Life and decisions were hard and I found myself isolating myself not only from the blog but in my normal life as well. I have found the solitude to be comforting and a shell that protected me until the healing could begin. There are only a few that I let in to see my pain but as my daughter told me the other day … I “need to rip the bandaid off.”

I recently went through a divorce and on Thursday I am moving to a new home. All the fun spaces for Joy2 are being left behind for the new owners. And while they are excited to be buying a home with fun things for their grandchildren, I am sad that a big part of my history is being left behind.

joy2journey.com/under the stairs playhouse
©joy2journey “Under the Stairs Playhouse”

More than a few tears were shed by Joy2 … and me. Broken hearts are healing but it is a process and I am trying to be patient in the process.

https://www.joy2journey.com/reading Nook
©joy2journey “Reading Nook”

Joy2 is losing a relationship, a 2nd home to her, and the spaces that were made with her in mind. I assured her there would be a space in my new place just for her. A more grown up space now that she is older. Although it doesn’t take away the pain that she has felt, it is something for her and I to look forward to doing together.

I found a home that is perfect for me and it even has a space for us to create together. Want a sneak peek?

www.joy2journey.com/she-shed
joy2journey “She-Shed”

A three season porch that will be “our Joy2 space” A she-shed. I can see it all in my head right now and while I am waiting to move into my new home I am dreaming and sketching out how I plan to turn this house into my home.

I am looking forward to being able to start working on those things that bring me joy, and sharing them with you. (And chickens. I can have chickens!)

The bandaid has officially been ripped off,

www.joy2journey.com

14 Responses to "Ripping off the Bandaid"

June 25, 2019 at 5:53 AM

You’ll make it beautiful, just like you.

2. Jane

June 26, 2019 at 9:19 AM

BJ, ripping off the bandaid is a HUGE step! I went through 2 divorces when I was younger. Part of the healing came with the selling of the houses and moving on. I wondered if something was going on in your life because I didn’t see as many postings on FB from you. Hugs and prayers!

3. Debbie

June 26, 2019 at 12:53 PM

I knew something was going on, when your name changed on your postings. I am SO sorry for all that you must be going thru. I have never been divorced, but it must be like having your world turned upside down. Keep pushing forward, looking for all the positives in life. They are still there, just maybe harder to see now. You have your son, daughter and granddaughter, and I’m sure they are such a comfort to you. Fans, like me, wish you all the best in your new life. I truly enjoy seeing your projects, and getting to know your family. Remember the old saying, “when one door closes, another one opens”. Don’t be afraid to walk thru! ❤️

4. Sheri Burch (was Mc Kenna)

June 26, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Deer Bj,
    Congratulations on your new home! I know you will make it a fun and great place to live. I am happy you are ready to move on to all God has planned for you…I believe his plan will be a very good one. I can already visualize that beautiful smile you have shining through. Are you going to Marty’s CIA reunion party on July 6th? I know everyone would love to see you.
    You will be in my prayers for continued healing.
    P.S. I very infrequently go into Facebook. My # is 651 578 0001

June 28, 2019 at 5:13 AM

I will be there! Can’t wait to see you ❤️

June 28, 2019 at 5:14 AM

June 28, 2019 at 5:15 AM

June 28, 2019 at 5:17 AM

We should email! ❤️

9. Marilyn Anderson

July 5, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Very sorry to hear BJ, but I know you are a strong women of faith and your new life will be a good one!

10. Vonnie Stinnette

July 27, 2019 at 1:40 PM

BJ, I feel for you! Been down that road before. I’m so sorry. It feels like you are nauseous and even dying at times and I know it sounds trite, but time does heal the heart. I stumbled on your blog today, as I was perusing the internet for gate ideas. I just finished making my own first gate! I am joining your group. 🙂 One day at a time. You are doing well by already visualizing future plans! Take care. You will be on my prayer list. Blessings.

11. Fayezdazy

August 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Dear BJ,
    I am sorry for all of the sad hard times you’ve been walking through. I had no idea…
    l have only in the last couple of months been more faithful to check into Facebook again.

I started thinking about you tonight and did some scrolling and found this post.
    May God bring you continued hope and Joy -in your new journey.
    You are such a lovely lady.
    Blessings & love ~ faye

September 21, 2019 at 7:13 AM

Thank you Faye. Such kind words and yes, such a difficult time. Not sure how God intends to use this next chapter in my life but I am seeking His will. I will see you at the Christmas Brunch at my home in December?
    ~Joy

September 21, 2019 at 7:37 AM

Vonnie,
    How sweet of you to leave such an encouraging message and thank you for joining! Yes, It is hard and I am trying to figure out what this next chapter is going to look like. Having this new/old home is keeping my mind off life for the most part. I am sorry that you have been through this as well! I will be posting more on the renovations soon so hope you signed up for the emails 🙂
    ~Joy

14. Kathie

November 27, 2019 at 11:27 AM

So sorry to hear your news. I’ve been there and it is not for the faint of heart. I’m looking forward to seeing your new home and how you make it yours!