H … is for HOME

There is nothing that I love talking about more than HOME!

It conjures up feelings of safety, warmth, family, relaxing (or not).

There is nothing that I love to do more than ride around with Mr Man and look at homes.

I love to look at the structure, the curb appeal (or lack thereof)Β and think, dream, create.

My most fun job ever (if I am allowed to dream for a moment) would be to add touches to a home to add to the beauty.

Nothing extravagant, that would break the bank of the homeowner … just inexpensive things and hard work that would make it more welcoming.

This is the type of home that I would love to help change …

Cute, cute home but could be ever so much cuter with some landscape, shutters, and different sidewalk. The door could be a different color too!

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.52.58 PM

Courtesy of Google Search

Do you see my vision?

I love the looks of these homes!!!

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.44.45 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.45.24 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.46.26 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.52.16 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.53.54 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.54.41 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 5.59.13 PM

Courtesy of Google Search images

I love brick, plants, defined spaces … the look of a completed home.

One that welcomes me and makes me want to come home!

Oh … my home?

Mr Man and I want to change out our front door and garage doors but as you know, you need to save money for those bigger purchases!

I understand that this is the way I look at homes. What I feel is appealing and not everyone will agree with the way that I look at things.

What sets us apart is our differences.

So having said that …

“What is your style”?

15 Responses to "H … is for HOME"

1. Anne@DesignDreams

April 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Oh I love the craftsman homes you featured! I’m so drawn to craftsman style.

The Spanish house is lovely too, and of course, so is yours. The others are just too over the top for me. I like little houses. On beaches. With cabana boys πŸ˜‰

xox

2. Tasha

April 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I like oldie worldie buildings best, Georgian or older (not that my house it, it’s a bungalow and was 100 years old last year :)). I would love to have a huge old house with landscaped gardens in front and in back, but they’re quite pricey, so that’s on the to do list if I win the lottery :).

Tasha’s Thinkings

3. Al Diaz

April 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM

You have an excellent taste! I like those houses a lot. Mostly the one with the palm tree and the one with the fence.

4. Sandy Campbell

April 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Yes, it is fun to cruise around to see what the other folks have! My parents use to do that a lot. Houses are expensive to keep up the way you many envision, we have all been there! Have fun with your decorating and upgrades!! They are fun!

5. Lael

April 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I love too many varied things to have a style, unless of course Grandma Chic is a style. I’m good at that one.

6. Jan Rider Newman

April 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Our tastes run in very similar directions. I like best the gray one with the wrought iron fence and the gray one with the white picket fence. Could settle into either of those. If I had the $.

Jan at Website
    Beyond Acadia
    Faith Talk
    Swamp Lily Review

7. Jarm

April 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Anything Victorian, English countryside or French country is right up my alley. My husband and I enjoyed looking for a home when we were first engaged. It took us 7 months to find one.
    Happy A to Z!

MakingtheWriteConnections

8. Ashley

April 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Love this for your letter “H.” The homes are lovely and I love your gardens! So fun to dream of new places! πŸ™‚ Have a great week!

April 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Tasha,

I add to my home every year in the gardens and landscape just because it is so expensive! But fun πŸ™‚ a 100 year old home! Wow!!!
    So glad that you stopped by.

April 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Al,
    LOL I would gladly take any of them! Even the little un-landscaped one πŸ™‚
    So glad that you stopped by! H is for Horror huh? YOu have me intrigued … I will stop by after answering my blog emails!

April 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Sandy,
    Adding personal touches to my home is what I am all about. A passion for sure! I loved reading about Romeo … he sounds adorable! I love my morning routine and waking up with the world. So glad that you stopped by!

April 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Lael,
    Grandma Chic is a style πŸ™‚ A cute one I might add.
    PS. Starting to run hills? Never know when you will need to sprint πŸ™‚

April 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Oh Jan … me too! I love all of them but could not afford them I am sure πŸ™‚ I even like the little one with no landscape! So glad that you stopped by!

April 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Jarm,
    7 months! That is a long time to house hunt! It would make me weary.I am so glad that you dropped by …

April 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ashley,
    Thank you so much, I am a dreamer! We are working on the back yard this summer … I pray there are less mosquitos this year!!!!
    Hugs and thanks for dropping by!