Update on Stained walkway

I have had so many questions on this one post.

Click here →  Staining a walkway

www.joy2journey.com

The #1 question?

“How is it holding up?”

I think a lot of you are interested not only in the ease of application but that it looks so nice when it is finished. But the BIG question remains … How is it holding up, after more than 3 years?

I love it!

I live in Minnesota where we have more winter than summer. Ice and snow. Shoveling and ice melt to put on the walkway for safety. In other words, “We are tough on our sidewalks here!” I have two spots where it has finally worn through because of water and ice melt from our roof. That being said … do you want to see it?! First, a close up of the two areas.

www.joy2journey.com

www.joy2journey.com

It doesn’t peel, (That was the #2 Question) It is just sort of wearing. A quick touch up will restore it to the other areas. Here is my walkway over 3 years later with the two spots marked for point of reference.

www.joy2journey.com

Not bad for 3 years, right?

Hugs and make it a great day,

Signature

6 Responses to "Update on Stained walkway"

1. Lynn

September 3, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Wow… that looks amazing even after 3 years!!

2. Colleen

September 4, 2015 at 7:03 AM

I used to live in MPLS, so I can attest to winter’s harsh effects on our sidewalks and driveways. This looks really good, and it’s holding up!

September 4, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Coleen,
    It really is! I had a few negative comments as to the lasting power after I did it, but as you can tell … It held up VERY well!

September 4, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Thanks Lynn. I would definitely stand behind this product!!! I am thinking my back patio now 😉

5. Liz

September 29, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Wow! Thanks for doing an update I was curious how well it was lasting. One question, it doesn’t seem that you had to seal it. Is this right? All the concrete staining that I’ve seen had to be sealed, and it just seemed like way too much work so I like yours better. Just clarify that you did or did not seal it and it still holding up great! Thanks again!

6. Joe Ponds