Vegetable garden for ‘Two’

Last weekend, Mr Man and I decided to work on a project together. Actually, he is definitely the muscle and without him … it would have taken me FOREVER!

We have quite a bit of property and I have wanted a vegetable garden now that I have some time to spend in it.

There are just the two of us now as the children are grown with children of their own.

All but 1 are out of state. *Tear*

That lovely tree stump? That is where I want to put our new garden.

“Oh Mr Mannnnnn …”

He is just amazing! He works so hard and I am constantly in awe of how strong he is!

Sometimes …

He has to use all his patience with me!

We were having a communication problem (even though we were talking about the same thing!)

He was patiently? listening to me explain where the line needed to be.

We set the posts in concrete the first day so that they could set overnight and be ready for us to install the fence the next day.

While Mr Man was attaching the fence to our existing fence line (Did I ever post about the fence we made in our backyard?)

I was unrolling the fencing and pulling it tight while he was driving in the staples.

(We bought Garden Zone 1 x 2 Galvanized Cage wire – $29.99. 4 Ft high x 50 ‘ at Mills Fleet Farm)

Sometimes, it is the unintentional thing that ends up being that something special. We happened to have 2 longer 4 x 4’s from a previous project and used them on either side of where I was going to make the gate. I made the arch and gate from wood that I had on hand.

Instructions on how to make a gate coming soon!

I still need to paint the gate but the weather and my schedule are not lining up yet …

Every garden needs a scarecrow!

This is what we do  after a hard days work?

I hope  you had a great weekend!

18 Responses to "Vegetable garden for ‘Two’"

1. Sis

June 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Soon there will be another set of feet by the fire

2. Tonya@mycozylittlefarmhouse

June 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Awww good job Mr. Man! I love your lil’ garden!

June 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Yes, soon there will be YOUR set of feet 🙂

June 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Thanks! I am really enjoying it … now we will see what results we get from the veggies! Thank you for dropping by!

June 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

You have a garden compound! King Kong won’t be eating your taters!

June 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM

LOL, it is not that tall! Only a 4 foot fence 🙂 You are so silly!

7. Michelle

June 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

You guys did a great job. Isnt it nice to do a project together too something your both good at 🙂 with a well deserved rest by the fire afterwards … bliss!

8. Diane

June 9, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Great job! I only wish I could get my husband to find the time to help me more in the garden. Maybe when he retires 🙂 Happy gardening!

9. heidi

June 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Those tree stumps can be such a pain can’t they? And your new garden area looks fantastic. Have a great day.

Heidi’s Wanderings

10. Naomi Lenker

June 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Great to find your blog via the Sunday Linky Party today! I LOVE gardening organically, with the small space we have in the backyard. I am SUPER jealous of your amazing gardening space and fencing! It looks like your going to have a very bountiful harvest when it’s all growing! Look forward to your next post!

11. Lauren@Momhomeguide

June 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Wonderful garden enclosure. I need to enclose my garden. There are some groundhogs that think my garden is a snack bar!

June 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Lauren, LOL groundhogs! I don’t have those after my garden … just bunnies 🙂

13. Pingback: A garden gate in 5 EASY steps! | Joy 2 Journey

14. Lauren @momhomeguide

June 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

BTW — do you have suggestions on how to enclose a raised garden bed? Could I attach lightweight posts to my raised garden bed and string chicken wire in between that, or would you suggest sinkng more heavy duty posts into the ground?

15. Lori

June 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I came across your blog on Pinterest looking for a DIY garden gate – can’t wait to work on it tomorrow. Love your garden! I’ll have to share pictures with you since you’re my inspiration!
    Love your blog!

June 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Did you make a gate? I would love for you to send me the picture of yours!!! My email is on my website.
    Hugs and Happy 4th!

17. Karen

July 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I LOVE your garden…thanks so much for the tutorial. Maybe my hubby and I can install one next summer!

18. BCohen

March 18, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Thank you for sharing this project – well done! I admire the way you and your guy appreciate each others’ strengths.