P … Playhouse

EEEE! I am so excited for this post because it is something that I have been kicking around in my head for a while now.

I love to dream about what it will look like, what materials I will use, how I will landscape around it …

As Mr Man so eloquently said …

When it comes to being creative, your “instructions” are the only ones that really matter.

That being said … let me show you a few photos of playhouses that I found that I think are cute.

Playhouse 8

Playhouse 1

Playhouse 7

Playhouse 2

Playhouse 8

Playhouse 3

Playhouse 6

Playhouse 4

Playhouse 5This last one is my favorite because of the fireplace :)

What I love about these playhouses …

1. Porch

2. Small front door but large adult door

3. Fake fireplace that makes it look so homey!

4. A loft to sleep in

5. Dormers

and

6. One dormer or window on top

The size will be dictated by my city code. I will begin sketching my idea soon. When Spring gets here … I will be ready to build!

I have other photos of playhouses on my Pinterest Playhouse board if you would like more ideas.

{Click here}

Any other ideas for a playhouse? Leave a comment and tell me!

a-to-z-letters-p

12 Responses to "P … Playhouse"

1. Cindy

April 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM

We have a log home building business, so the last one is my favorite ;)

2. Jessica

April 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM

This brings back memories for me. My Dad built my sister and I a playhouse and although I don’t have it still, it was very special to me.

Have fun with your building and with a-z.

3. Vikki

April 19, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Just stopping by from the A-Z Challenge list to say “Hi” :)

Oh Wow!!!! Look at THOSE!!!!

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

xx

4. Al Diaz

April 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Those are wonderful playhouses! I wanted to build one for my nephew but I’m a lousy builder.

5. Betty Alark

April 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Lovely! #’s 4,6,8 and 9 are the ones i really like. # 9 the last one is my favorite also! It invites you in from the outside! It intrigues you and something inside says” I have to go in there!” The last one is stunning!

Thinks for sharing your creative ideas! Creating is the spice of life!

What a joy! Never stop being your creative self!!

April 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

O.M.G……. I love them! Fav would by #1 and the last one you like. You make this and will be catapulted into national fame!!!!!

Bliss

7. TaMara

April 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Those are some amazing playhouses!

TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

April 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Cindy,
    Seriously, you have a log home building business? How cool is that!!! Do you have a website for it?

April 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Jessica,
    Would love to see a picture of your playhouse … do you have one? Good Memories from childhood are always fun to recall :)

April 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Al,
    You made me Laugh out Loud at the lousy builder comment. I am sure you are better than you think …

April 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Betty,
    Waiting for Spring has me doing a lot of research on how I am going to build it :) I hope that mine will “invite them inside”.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment!

April 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Bliss,
    I don’t know about National fame but it will be fun to get this project started! Where is SPRING?