Decorating … a plain Christmas wreath

It was time to add some decoration to a wreath that we have had a couple of years. It hangs above the garage at Christmas, but it deserved to be pretty, and for someone to take the time to give it a little love.  Last year after Christmas, and the after the Christmas sales were in full swing, I found the best ornaments! They were large, the 12 days of Christmas theme, and a great price! Every DIY’s dream come true!

The wreath is quite large so the ornaments needed to be large as well.

Step 1 … I wrapped the ornament twine loops around the branches and then hot glued them to attach them firmly.

(I will check the ornaments yearly to make sure they are well attached. I would hate to lose one of these ornaments!)

One of the things that will make me smile is a special touch, that no one would know, unless I tell them.

Do you see the pinecones on the wreath? They are pinecones from our trees!

Mr Man picked the prettiest ones just for me and they are free .

Step 2 … I added the pinecones and Step 3 … nestled in a few white twigs to blend this wreath with the wreaths that hang on our outdoor garage lights.

Wreath is completed and ready to be hung!

Everyone loves a good before and after … me included!

Enjoy Decorating!

My wreath was Featured at  … Readhead Can Decorate

Redhead Can Decorate

I am partying at …

Red Head can decorate

Cheerios and Lattes

Hibiscus House

Its Overflowing

Cherished Handmade Treasures

Newbie w/ a Twist Party

18 Responses to "Decorating … a plain Christmas wreath"

1. Julie

November 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Bj-thankyou so much for coming over! Your wreath is beautiful. I love the bulbs…the girls and I always try to sing that song this time of year. I always forget what’s what towards the end…the pine cones are the best. My man did the same thing for me. What great guys, huh!!?? XO Good luck w/ the giveaway…pinning this now :) ~ Julie

November 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

You are such a sweetie! Thank you for the pin. Yes, I think our guys are the BEST! I am blessed and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for his blessings. Hugs

3. Dolly Sarrio

November 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hello so nice to meet you and now I follow you. A talented person you are for sure…thanks for sharing over at Hibiscus House.
    Dolly

November 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Dolly,
    Thank you so much! I am so happy you are following along with me as well. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5. Tani@Tagana Rose

November 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Bj-it looks amazing!! Love the addition of the lights and your baubles are gorgeous…such pretty designs!

November 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I have missed you dear friend! Thank you for the kind words. Hugs

7. Anne @ DesignDreamsbyAnne

November 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hi BJ!! Love the wreath. Happy decorating!!

xox

November 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Ho ho ho…. get up on the ladder Mr. Man and hang that wreath up!

Bliss

November 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Anne,
    Thanks! Fun and quick to do :) Gotta love those … hee hee

November 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Bliss,
    Mr Man hung it the same day. Pictures coming …

11. debbiedoos

November 28, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Loving this wreath…I really love the ornaments. Great job:) Thanks for sharing.

November 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Thank you Debbie! Your the best :)

13. Dixie n Dottie

November 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

This is beautiful! Would love if you’d join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)

14. Mackenzie

November 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Great ideas for decorating a wreath! You are a featured favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks again for sharing; we love having you join us each week! See you soon!
    Mackenzie :)

15. MariaElena

December 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Your did a beautiful job with this wreath! Gorgeous!

December 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Thank you MariaElena. How sweet of you to drop by and comment! It is all hung and instead of snow today … we are getting rain! I hope it holds up well. Guess we will see :)

17. Julie

December 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Your wreath will have the Christmas Eve spotlight tomorrow…chosen as one of my top 10. Merry Christmas BJ! I really liked the wedding photo in the back ground! XO

December 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh my goodness! Thank you Julie … what a great present for Christmas Eve. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
    Hugs!