Do you Use Twitter?

Do you like to follow people on Twitter? I myself NEVER in a million years thought that I would be on Twitter making “Tweets”. I even have a handle (which just means I have a name) The things you learn in a hotel in downtown Des Moines, Iowa! Mr Man had work down here and I took a day off work to come with him and do nothing but learn blog stuff. (Don’t you like my technical term? LOL)

Here is my learning center (Hee Hee)

learning station

Essential learning tools: Starbucks Frappe, calendar, Blog notebook, pen, phone, and yes … cheaters (glasses for up close). Check, Check!

Also essential for learning … a boring view.

Hotel, view

Overcast, rooftop with mechanical stuff, parking lot … Check, check! (LOL, maybe the hotel would not like that printed in a blog? No names are being used to protect the innocent them.  :) )

Today I am learning all I can about Twitter

Their logo … for those of you, who have seen this bird, but not known what it was …

One resource that I am using is Twitter.com. Since they are THE company I thought that they should be the first resource to go to. Smart, right?! Here is the short version …

1. They show you around their site not only through words but by watching short videos is you choose.

2. They give you links to other sites to decorate your “Home page” if you don’t like what they offer. (I chose to find something different, because that is how I roll, and to try it out for practice).

twitter page

I chose this background for these reasons … I live in Minnesota and LOVE the snow. The red berries on the tree really pop and I think red and gray are my new favorite colors at the moment. I may have to change the background color on my new blog button now that I am looking at it :) Later!

3. They offer help topics

All of which were a must read for me!

4. They show you how to use Twitter with your Blog, Hometalk, or Facebook page and the steps to take to connect them together. (I am still working on the Facebook page connecting part! UGH!!!)

The 2nd resource that was recommended to read was Funky Junk’s “3 Ways to use Twitter”

1. I learned all about TweetDeck and the ways you can use it to organize your list of interests. It can be tailored to what you want. If you like organization you will love this tool.

2. I learned about TweetChat and why I would love to have this feature. For anyone who will be chatting about  just “one subject” … this is a must have! I will be using it soon with fellow bloggers and I am so EXCITED!!! (Can you tell? LOL)

My handle? It is @joy2journey

See you at the Twitter party!

19 Responses to "Do you Use Twitter?"

1. [Retro-Zombie]

August 17, 2012 at 4:23 AM

i first want to say… i don’t get twitter, i have a twitter account… though i don’t remember the last time i was there. my blogs tell my world, my facebook tells my world… twitter is a reflection of my world. no one cares really if i am up to date… i don’t believe my tweets will ever impact the world, now if i were sponsored by some company… say “Little Debbie’s Snacks”… hmmm then i might think about it.

Jeremy [Retro]
    Oh No, Let’s Go… Crazy

2. My Little Home and Garden

August 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Have fun! I’m not on Twitter, but plenty of others seem to be. :)

3. Renae

August 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Nice to meet you, BJ. I don’t tweet. I barely do Facebook and more or Pinterest. Pinterest is the culprit that got me thinking of doing a blog. I’ve joined and would see if you’d come back over and – and join – and continue? I’d really think we would get along pretty great. Having my sister as a blogger too is more fun than I imagined. I’m glad she mentioned you to me.

Have a fabulous day!

4. Mary

August 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

And here I am, the sister of Renae, you just read. Tweeting…I do not do either. Blog world is keeping me busy and entertained.

5. Renae

August 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

o thank you!

6. Heidi Fowler

August 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I’m still afraid of Twitter! Facebook, Pinterest, and Google + keep my busy enough! I know where to look for tips when I am ready! Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope you have a great weekend.

7. Renae

August 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

hahahaha.
    That ‘o thank you!’ is for you Bj – not for my sister. I know, it’s confusing.

August 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I’m still holding out….. no tweeting for me.

9. Evelyn

August 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I have a new twitter account but am still learning:(. I am determined to understand but maybe I need a weekend in a boring hotel room, lol. Thanks for sharing.

August 19, 2012 at 6:16 AM

It worked for me! I still have much to learn for sure :)

August 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM

If I didn’t know you better … I would say that some day … you will be “Tweeting” :)
    Hugs sweet friend,
    J2J

August 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM

There is a Twitter Party coming up that I wanted to be in. Nothing like a little motivation! :)
    J2J

August 19, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I love that you and your sister are blogging! I will hop over to your blog soon!!!
    J2J

August 19, 2012 at 6:24 AM

It is not scary … just making sure that I use it correctly is what I am working on now :) Oh the “joys” of learning!
    J2J

15. Naptime Review

August 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Funny! I use twitter but don’t really know what I am doing. Ha!

Stopping by from Thee Networking Blog hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. Also hosting Mom’s Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up ;)

16. Jenny

August 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Twitter is kind of addicting! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop and now following along…I would love if you would stop by and say hello :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

August 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I am still learning myself :) If you learn anything feel free to pass it on!
    J2J

18. ~ Liz ~

August 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

BJ, I’m afraid I’m so behind. I have a twitter account but I need to work on getting it in shape and then use it. So much to do, so little time. I love the idea of using your boring time in the hotel to learn. You have inspired me to get at it and get tweeting!
    Liz

19. Sandra Harriette

September 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I just learned of Tweetchat. It is such a simple yet helpful tool to connecting and building an audience.