Easy decorated Bulletin Board

I am still working on my Mudroom and doing all the little things that will bring it all together … but I have taken a few weeks off for vacation. Here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota (during the winter) we try to get outside as much as possible in the summer!

The project that I worked on today was super easy and will be a welcome addition to not only my mudroom but for keeping me happy to see that fun is scheduled! I am an otter by nature. I love to kick back and have fun but in the real world we must work 🙂 This just keeps me staying on task, knowing that fun is coming too!

Here is all that you need …

1. Cork board
2. Stickers (I used 3 D ones)
3. Alphabet stencil
4. Sharpie
5. Quote
6. Tickets to fun stuff (optional)

I bought the cork board at Home Goods (one of my go-to stores!), ran to Michael’s for my stickers. The quote I found by googling it. The rest I had. It was so easy that the pictures speak for themselves.

Bulletin Board, decorating, quote
Bulletin Board, decorating, quote
Bulletin board, decorate, quote
Finished and ready to hang in my mudroom!
Hugs and have a great Tuesday 🙂
I am back and Partying at …

10 Responses to "Easy decorated Bulletin Board"

1. Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm

August 14, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Very cute! I love that you stenciled a Dr. Seuss quote on it too! Nice job!

August 14, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Danni,
    Thanks! I kept making sure that I was spelling it right!!! That is one thing I did not want to goof 🙂

3. My Little Home and Garden

August 14, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Dr. Seuss had such a way with words and I think your bulletin board looks terrific for a family mudroom. I have an old one in the basement that I would like to fix up and use somewhere; no kiddies here, so it would be a different kind of style. I’ll have to think more about it! Great job!

4. Tani@Tagana Rose

August 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Great job Bj!! I just love the quote and the whole board looks gorgeous. Have a wonderful day:)

August 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM

I had to laugh, as there are no kiddies here either … this one is for me! I wanted a little whimsy and I am all about knowing that there is fun to look forward too. Thank you for stopping by!

August 15, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Thanks Tani, and thank you for stopping by. Have a great day too!!!

7. Debbiedoo's

August 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Great job Bj! I love the saying. Thanks for sharing with the party.

8. Full Circle Creations

August 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

Holly

9. Sandra Harriette

September 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I think it would be interesting if you printed some words onto the cork surface and aged the wood, maybe by scraping, decoupaging and sealing old newspaper print onto the border.

September 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Sandra,
    I did actually stencil a quote on it and the wood was already scraped. I don’t like things too distressed as that is not my decor but thank you for the idea so that others may want to try it.