Tiling the Mud Room floor and new washer/dryer!

My mind is on overload! Does this EVER happen to you? I am thinking ahead of things that I want to incorporate into this space and how I want it to look and ack! I have too much rolling around in my head!!! Things are coming along nicely so I am truly happy about that.
I last left you with the laying down of tiles to get an idea of how I wanted to lay it out and the look that I wanted. If you want to catch up on the progress so far … Demolition of the Mud Room floor can be found {here} and Painting and laying cement board can be found {here}.
I love the color of these tiles and the uneven sides which gives it a more informal look and that is what I am looking for in my Mud Room.
You can see the metal edge that I laid down before putting down the tile. I laid all the full tiles first and then cut all the outer tiles at the same time. It really saves time!
Tile is grouted and sealed and I am ready to install the baseboard and have the new washer and dryer installed :)
This is the washer that was left by the previous owners. Notice that the black spots are actually push buttons that are no longer there and the top is stained with some lovely pink something. Classy huh? :)
The cupboards above the new washer and dryer had to be lifted for them to fit.
(Thank you Mr. Man for some muscle ♥)
The picture may look like I am done but …  oh no! there is still more to do :)

11 Responses to "Tiling the Mud Room floor and new washer/dryer!"

1. thistlewoodfarm

July 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Oh good! I have been wanting to see what the floor was going to be! This is such a big project. And it looks amazing!

blessings,
    karianne

2. Chubby Chieque

July 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM

An absolute job well done.

Have a blissful Monday and a blessed week to come.
    /CC from Stockholm

3. ~Mary

July 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM

The floor looks amazing, wish I had a nice laundry room. You did a great job. Have you done other tile before? I want to do my bathroom, but I feel that I should practice somewhere else before I do a big and potentially embarrassing job. LOL!

July 16, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Mary,
    I have done tiling before and my first attempt was a laundry room in my basement of my previous house. I love to tile and I love the look of it too. A bathroom would be a fun thing to do as a first project :) If you need any help … write me :)

5. Amy

July 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I am jealous of your mud room! In Australia we don’t really have mud rooms, but I would love one. Our laundry is only narrow with enough room on one side for the washer and dryer, plus a small cupboard and sink. I wish it was bigger!

Thanks so much for linking up to Totally Pinworthy. I love seeing diy projects, so I am glad you did!

6. DIY Show Off

July 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Love the tile and can’t wait to see more! It’s coming along beautifully!

7. Create Inspire Motivate

July 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

BJ,

The tile turned out great! I like the layout and the darker grout. It is fun to see your progress.

-Mandi

8. Hubba

July 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Wow this looks amazing! I’m a new follower I would love if you followed back at http://www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

9. Tani@Tagana Rose

July 19, 2012 at 4:27 AM

The tiles look fantastic!! You did such an amazing job BJ!

July 19, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Thank you Tani … Laying tile is the more rewarding change for me to see. I love the uniform clean look it gives :)

11. Garage Sales R Us

July 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Looks like fun! I am visiting from thee blog hop. I know I am way late but I wanted to stop by. I am a new follower! I blog over at http://garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same. I also have an awesome giveaway with a Cricut Machine going on right now! I would love it if you would enter!

Robin