Laying Cement Board before tiling & Paint

You last saw me with the demo being done on my Mudroom. That was the easy part!

Laying down the cement board wasn’t really that hard. Just time consuming. It was like putting a puzzle together and then nailing them down with cement board screws. The board is marked where to use the screws so it really leaves out the guess work. Note – I laid a thin layer of Thinset down before the boards.

I bought new heat vent covers, as the old ones would not have looked good, even after a coat of paint.

As always … one thing leads to another …

There was no way I could live with my yucky yellow walls. They were a lovely shade of “Baby Poo”. I don’t want to offend anyone, but really, there is no better way to describe the color!

I chose to paint the walls … Sandstone. Nice and neutral after that gosh awful yellow!

What a difference already!
Next up?
Laying tiles to get the pattern I want before I adhere them to the floor :)
Hope you all had a great 4th of July!

Linking to ….

Debbie Doos Newbie PartyMake the Scene MondayDIY Showoff,

13 Responses to "Laying Cement Board before tiling & Paint"

July 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Tell me Mr. Man at least brings you ice tea while you do all this stuff? Seeing everything you are capable of sure makes me feel like a slug!

Bliss

2. Tonya @ My Cozy Little Farmhouse

July 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM

YAY!!

3. Debbiedoo's

July 9, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Coming along there nicely girl! You have me excited to see the final reveal. Don’t work too hard. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

4. Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap

July 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I heart tiles! but we have wood floors…mainly

5. Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage

July 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

It’s looking great! I know, it’s soooo hard to wait to be finished =) Can’t wait to see all the after shots =)

6. Emily

July 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Looks great!!! Can’t wait to see the finished product :)

7. Cherished Handmade Treasures

July 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM

It’s looking good…can’t wait to see the final reveal!

Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

8. Kathy Moody

July 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM

YAY, I was your 100th follower from the newbie party! :) You are working hard. Can’t wait to see it finished.

9. Full Circle Creations

July 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM

It’s really coming along. I love the paint color. I am in the process of painting my studio. First coat done. But I need to do a second as the color isn’t exactly right yet. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

July 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yay me! I am so excited you stopped by and I am honored that you chose to follow me!

11. Shasta @InTheOldRoad

July 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM

It’s looking so good…love the new paint color:) My laundry room is the same shape. Hmmm…want to paint it for me, haha.

I look forward to seeing the big reveal. Thanks for linking up with us this week (and for the sweet comment at LinkyHere).

Shasta

12. Carri

July 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM

This is something I know quite a bit about.. I layed more than my fair share of tile… and you did a great job and showing and explaining how it all is done….Looks fantastic so far can’t wait for the final reveal…. You ROCK!!!!
    Thanks for sharing at the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

13. ~ Liz ~

July 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM

BJ, it’s really coming along! What a huge project. I would be daunted by the need for this kind of work, to say the least, but you are an inspiration with your just do it attitude and your construction skills! Seriously. It’s going to be completely renewed and wonderful when you get done with it. Waiting and watching for the next phase.
    Liz