Demolition of our Mudroom floor!

We moved into our home and for the most part loved it. It seemed that everywhere they had nice up grades. That is except the mudroom. The green striped linoleum was just not going to work and the washer/dryer were so old that you couldn’t read the dials anymore! We also didn’t have room to sit to remove boots or store things with out taking up valuable hallway space to the bathroom.

Here are some BEFORE pictures …

For the record these walls are not a true yellow.
The bifold doors take away more space if open … so I have other plans for this closet! Mr Man is aghast about my plan but is willing to let me run with this idea :)
Now isn’t this a pretty picture! If you look at where I took the baseboards off, you can see the green that this room used to be painted. Hmmm, they didn’t match the green in the floor.
Closet doors are off … really opens up this area!
Trim taken off and closet door rail is removed.
Toilet is removed along with all the baseboards. (I wrote on all the backs of the baseboards so that I wouldn’t forget where they go when I put them back on.) ***Side note: Stuff a rag or sock into the top of the open sewer line just to keep gases from coming up into your home.
The pedestal sink is removed and now to remove all the hardware.
(Good thing we have 3 other bathrooms!!!)
***Side note: Stuff another rag or sock into the pipe for the sink too!
Removing the linoleum flooring …
Finished getting the flooring up! Yay us!!!
Last step before laying down the cement board is a slurry of thin-set to seal the floor and help with adhesion of the thin-set we put under the backer board.

Thank you for joining in the demo :) Come back to see the reconstruction!

Linking too …

16 Responses to "Demolition of our Mudroom floor!"

1. Pam - @diy Design Fanatic

July 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I’m so jealous! I love remodeling rooms! Great job on the tearout. Can’t wait to see the reconstruction! Stopping by from Debbiedoos.

2. Lori Stokes Wright

July 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

How fun! Love makeovers, and that floor really needed one. I found you at Make the Scene Monday.

3. Create Inspire Motivate

July 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

BJ,
    I can’t wait to see what you do. I have been wanting to tackle my laundry room forever.
    -Mandi

4. Create Inspire Motivate

July 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Hey, we linked something to your Sunday Stop yesterday, and you asked us to link it to the party. Can you explain what that is? I thought the Stop was the party.

Thanks,
    Mandi

5. Karima

July 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Can’t wait to see the transformation – I love watching peoples photos step by step!

6. Jessika

July 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Completing transforming a room is always an exciting project! I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

7. Holly Legare

July 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Love to remodel, can’t wait to see what you have planned. Thanks for linking up to Creative Corner Hop.

Holly
    Holly’s Stamping Addiction

8. Rhonda

July 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Oh my…I did the same thing to my laundry room! It was a huge job but so worth it! I just blogged about remodeling my laundry room …swing by if you get a chance!! I’ll be back to see the final results….good luck!!

~~~rhonda~~~

9. Cherished Handmade Treasures

July 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Lots of work, but I can’t wait to see the finished room. I bet your excited to have it done. Thanks for sharing with us on the Creative Corner Hop.

Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

10. Full Circle Creations

July 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I can’t wait to see what you do with the space. I can’t wait for the follow ups. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

11. Debbiedoo's

July 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Boy oh boy are you guys worker bees! Always something great cooking over here. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

12. thistlewoodfarm

July 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

You guys are amazing! This is such a great project! Thanks for sharing this with us! Your floors inspired me today!

Happy Fourth,
    karianne

13. Liz - Imageremix

July 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You were a champion blogger to take such great shots throughout. It can be hard to stop to do that all the time. I’m really impressed with this huge project you’ve undertaken and that Mr. Man is such a trooper. You all seem to be going through this project like contractors. But then of course it looks neat, clean and quick in pictures. I’m sure it’s been an exhausting mess. Thanks for the preview, and thanks too for the heads up about this week’s features at the Sunday Stop!
    Liz

14. Cherished Handmade Treasures

July 9, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Hi, You are the featured link this week on Creative Corner Hop. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

15. Kathryn

July 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Hi Bj,
    I just wanted to let you know that I recently received a Sunshine Award (bloggy award) and I’d like to pass it on to you. I really appreciate all of your lovely comments and support for my blog!! I will totally NOT be offended if you take this no further than opening this email (seriously) – I just wanted to say thank you for continually supporting me! If you are interested in passing this award onto other bloggers, you can check out my post for all the info: http://uglyducklingtransformations.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/sunshine-award/

16. Heidi

July 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Thanks for sharing this week at One Creative Weekend!

I can’t wait to see how this room turns out!