Front walkway – Part II

Today was a HOT day! No joke … 91 degrees, humid, windy, and sever thunderstorms are on the way. Basement time tonight for sure until the storm passes. The reason that I bring this up is because Mr. Man did something extraordinary today. In all this heat he finished the pavers by the walkway. We bought new ones that would match our home and contrast the walkway, highlighting the entry to our home.
This is what our walkway looked like after I stained it … to read about it {click here}
The existing bricks were an orange kind of paver that just did not look good. It is like painting a room people! Once you change one thing … other things stand out that you want to change. The pavers were not level anymore after years of extreme temps so here is where we started.
Mr Man cleaned out along the sidewalk …
… laid down pea gravel, sand, and the paver edge. Then came the new pavers (from Menard’s, on sale, yay us!) that were leveled.
He rented a paver cutter. It was $8 for 4 hours. Can’t beat that! He got most of the pavers down before going to get it so that he could spend those 4 hours just cutting what would need to be cut. In the HEAT! My job was to keep bringing him ice water to cool him down. I was not a slacker! I was inside doing a project that needed to be finished. Really!
Finished and now to clean up! After I put away all the things that Mr. Man had to use (he ran the paver cutter back) I noticed that I had dirt ground into my newly stained walkway. EEKS! I use the jet sprayer and a broom to clean it off. It looked great. We are finish with the walkway … now on to the door jam :)
Done! Thank you Mr. Man (XOXO)

*Spoiler alert … If you don’t want to know what is coming … don’t look! because, I started on …
It involved this :)
Hope you had a great weekend! Hugs,

13 Responses to "Front walkway – Part II"

1. Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap

June 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

the side pavers really make a difference! great thinking in laying those down before hand, saving time and $$$!

2. dreamingahome

June 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM

BJ, the light tiles really look terrific against the stain. Very, very pretty job! Can’t wait to see what you do with the door…

Liz

June 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Go Mr. Man! Those look great. I hope you kept him supplied with water. We were at dinner last night and the sirens went off. We continued to eat.

4. Michelle

June 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Very nice! Your front walkway looks great! Can’t wait to see the front door when you finish! :)

5. Peggy Meckling

June 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

The walkway looks fabulous. What a guy! You are a lucky woman! I just found you through Debbiedoo’s. I’m your newest follower and a fellow newbie.

6. Full Circle Creations

June 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Your walkway looks wonderful! That’s a great guy you have there! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

Holly

7. xo, Jersey Girl

June 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

That made such a difference, like a mini face lift for better curb appeal!

Happy to be your newest follower from the blog hop!

Hope you get a chance to check out my blog :)

xo, Jersey Girl

hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

8. Carri

June 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Mr Man rocked it… amazing how much a difference that made it your whole curb appeal… It looks awesome….thanks so much for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY and sharing ….

Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

9. Little Susie Home Maker

June 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Looks like Mr Man did a very good job! Its really very clean and neat looking!
    Blessings,
    Susie

10. Meg

June 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Really looks great! The stained concrete has such a big impact.

XO

11. Liz - Imageremix

June 14, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I’m really gonna have to get me a Mr. Man. Sure could come in handy! The walkway looks so polished now. Good job! Can’t wait to see what’s up with the front door!
    Liz

12. DebbieDoesCreations

June 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Love it! I am really wanting to stain my back patio. Thanks for linking up to Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

13. Debbiedoo's

June 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

This turned out fantastic looking. I love how everything came together so nicely, the walk way and the front door.