An EASY Mother’s Day Gift Idea!

No “Sunday Stop” Linky Party today … just a Mother’s Day gift idea 🙂
I wanted to come up with a unique idea for a Mother’s Day gift for my amazing daughter a couple of years back … Ok, it was 2008. Time flies!
I came up with the idea to add a photo behind a poem that I found.
This poem ….
Before I was a Mom
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn’t worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom –
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn’t want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn’t stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom –
I didn’t know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn’t know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn’t know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn’t know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom –
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,
the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn’t know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

Written by,

Evelyn Chang

Plus this picture …
Equals this!

I framed it and gave it to her as a gift. It hangs on a wall by her bed 🙂 Easy Peasy!
Thoughts? Questions? Comments?

Linking to …

Keeping It Simple

”you

DIY Show Off

16 Responses to "An EASY Mother’s Day Gift Idea!"

1. Katharine Devinney

May 6, 2012 at 3:30 AM

That is a lovely idea. I liked the poem too!

2. Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

May 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Beautiful!

3. Debbiedoo's

May 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM

That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the newbie party.

4. Liz - Imageremix

May 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

BJ, what a sweet gift. What daughter wouldn’t treasure that! Thanks for sharing such a great idea. Hope you’ll stop and visit at Quirky Vistas sometime. I’d love that! I found you at Debbiedoo’s Newbie party!

Liz

5. Liz - Imageremix

May 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Hi again, thanks for coming by and leaving me a note. I have added your button to my link page and look forward to next week’s Joy @ Journey Link Party. Thank you so much!

Liz

6. reFresh reStyle

May 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM

BJ, I thinks it’s a wonderful gift!
    Debbie

7. Linda @ it all started with paint

May 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM

That just makes my heart melt. Such a lovely gift and fabulous idea!

🙂

Linda

8. Katharine Devinney

May 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I have another question…I want to put a pinterst button and a blog signature on the bottom of my posts. I forget where to put it in the template so it automatically comes up every blog post.

9. Sherry

May 8, 2012 at 6:48 AM

BJ, this is beautiful! The perfect gift for Mother’s Day. I’m now your newest linky follower.

10. thistlewoodfarm

May 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Bj,

This is truly beautiful. I think I need to make this for my mother 🙂 She is an incredible mother and this poem says so much about how I know she feels.

blessings,
    karianne

11. DebbieDoesCreations

May 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I love the words over the picture. It is so meaningful. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday 🙂

12. Evelyn Chang

December 6, 2015 at 3:16 AM

Hi, I’m glad you liked my poem lol however, I am sad that you didn’t site me as the writer. May I ask where you found it? I have the copy write. 🙂 (Not mad by any means, only confused)

January 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Evelyn,
    I did that so long ago that I am not sure where I found it. I am thinking it must have said author unknown, otherwise I list the author at the bottom. I am glad to make sure that you get the credit and will change it in my post. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
    Joy2Journey

14. aleksandra

January 15, 2016 at 1:55 PM

I am a mom for 19 months now and I too stay awake just to watch my baby girl and wonder how on earth did I of all people managed to “produce” such perfection ….and i cried on pinterest reading this poem 🙂

January 16, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Ahhhh, Aleksandra, that is so great. Kids are awesome aren’t they? Hard to imagine life before them sometimes. Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy!

16. Trish

April 12, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Love this idea! How do you make it?