“H” is for Hearth – Before and After!

H … is for Hearth

Does it matter to anyone that I want to talk about the part above the mantle? Instead of the bottom part that extends out into the room?

Mr Man and I worked on putting the TV above the fireplace.

This is before …                                                                                          And after ….

I know, I know … I have a miter saw in front of the “hearth”. It was rainy and I had to bring it in. All of you who find this normal please raise your hand 🙂

I painted a flat black behind where we hung the TV and then used an accent green instead of the mauve. (as seen in the “before” pic)

Pin It

12 Responses to "“H” is for Hearth – Before and After!"

1. Debbiedoo's

April 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM

That looks awesome. What a clever idea. Thanks so much for joining in on the newbie party. Glad to have you!

April 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Ours is hanging and in the wake of that new tv it left a large empty wall above it. Before May 18th it better have something behind it; anything…. paint, a life-size picture of you…. anything!

3. Ashley

April 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Our mitre saw has a seemingly permanent home in our kitchen. So….consider my hand raised.

4. Rhonda

April 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I like the black background, dramatic. what did you use to “hide” the cords? I want to mount my TV on the wall but the thought of all those cords…

April 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hey Rhonda,

We went through the back of the wall and out the side. The flat black paint does not pick up any glare and actually makes the TV look bigger. We love, love, love it! (All the cords were in the Before picture 🙂 )
    Hugs and good luck,

6. Jarm Del Boccio

April 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I see that we share the same faith…I love the theme of your blog! Definitely unique. Enjoy the blogging challenge!

7. nutschell

April 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I’ve always wanted a hearth/ fireplace in my house–unfortunately that’s not really useful here in Los Angeles:)
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell

8. Sharkbytes

April 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Nice looking- good project. I’m trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

9. Gina

April 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I like the after photo, good job! I have a list of house improvements that run as long as a novel… but who cares, right? One of these days…

From Diary of a Writer in Progress

10. thistlewoodfarm

April 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I really like how you painted the black back there! Absolute perfection! It makes the television blend in. Wonderful after picture.

blessings,
    karianne

11. micki @ ADD housewife

April 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Hand raised about the saw LOL DH actually leaves his demel everywhere. drives me crazy! I love that you can put your TV above the mantle. We can’t. Think large 100 yr old beveled mirror…We put the TV up there just on the mantle…and, well….we had to buy a new TV 😛 New follower btw 🙂

12. Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

April 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

My hand is raised VERY high!!! I love the black background, ie. camo for the tv. 🙂