In search of a New Garage Door …

So, Mr Man and I have been discussing a new garage door and new front door. I am not a happy camper with our existing front door. Too much glass and it worries me. So this morning, we jumped on our bikes, and off we went through our neighborhood and neighborhoods around us. I took my camera 🙂

This is our existing garage door … seems that we have a common one for our area.

I took these next pictures fast! I didn’t want the people living in these homes to think I was doing something crazy … like, stalking them. Hee Hee

Small squares single pane windows (a possibility)

Small squares quad panes

Elongated panels, no windows (uh… no)

Elongated panels with windows (still a no)

Carriage door with windows, hinges, and handles (my fave so far)

Carriage door with rounded windows, hinges, and handles

Carriage door with just windows

Because … this is the door and sidelights that I want! 🙂
(Now, I just have to find who sells them!)

Did you notice that the last picture of the gorgeous door … spring is upon us. The buds are popping on the trees … yay Spring!

Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs,

Pin It

I am linking to …

8 Responses to "In search of a New Garage Door …"

1. Debbiedoo's

March 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I want those carriage doors, I love them Thanks so much for linking to my newbie party. I appreciate it.

March 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Hmmm…. Craftsman wood door, now where have I seen those???

I vote for same as you on the garage doors…. carriage. We have the Joy version in white and Brawn told me that we can actually buy just the top window panel part and change it out without replacing the whole door. Then you get the hardware and have an instant update. I’m still waiting though….

3. Maria Elena

March 19, 2012 at 7:16 AM

The carriage doors are gorgeous! Great choices!

4. Robin Boyd Jackson

March 19, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I love the carriage doors!!! Thanks for linking up.

Have a great week.

~ robin @ itsrobinwithani.com

5. Susan @ homeroad.net

March 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I vote for the carriage doors too! I love the look!
    Susan

6. Amy

March 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

You have been tagged a Wonderful Blogger! Come see what to do next http://californiahomedreaming.blogspot.com/2012/03/wonderful-blogger-tag.html

7. Linda @ it all started with paint

March 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Oh, just build your own! I know you’re a diva with the power tools …

🙂

Linda

8. Cindy - John 3:16

March 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Whatever you do, get a door with windows in it – they are WONDERFUL. It’s sooooo nice to go out in the garage during the day without having to turn the light on and feel like it’s night time! I have one for the first time in my life and I LOVE!!! it!!! 🙂