Murphy Bed Update and “Give-A-Way” Winner

Once upon a time … I started making a Murphy Bed. The frame was made, the mattress bought, linens ready, and the front …. oh, the front. Bad front!  I put more hours on making the front than I care to even think about!!! Ack.

I started with high hopes and a blank canvas before me. Good thing I had no idea at that moment what my fate would be with this project.  (Hey look, Mr Dog is barking to come in. Maybe he is really warning me to stop while I am ahead. *giggle*)
I decided, after much deliberation, to do a decoupage with paper bags and then found some pretty napkins to bring in come color. I was so proud of my idea and the savings. Wait until I showed the world my remarkable talent! LOL, they do say, “Pride goeth before a fall”. Ouch. (That was me falling flat on my face.) I am thinking this project was to keep me humble. 🙂 Goal attained.

For days weeks months after finishing the front, I just couldn’t bring myself to attach it to the frame. Everyday I walked by it. Ignoring it. I was asked on several occasions … “What happened to the Murphy Bed? Did you complete it?” This past weekend, I told Mr. Man … I don’t like it. That is why I was at a stand still. Great. Now that I figured that out … Now what?

While we were out running errands together, I saw a brand new Goodwill Store. (Mr. Man loves to get books and tapes and I thought I would look around while I was there.) I have been thinking of doing something impossible for me and it involves Upholstery Fabric. I came across some amazing fabric for … wait for it … $1.99 and just perfect for the colors in my room and the front of the Murphy Bed. Woo Hoo!!!!!

It has that Chevron feel that everyone is excited about. It has amazing texture and the colors will fit so well.

Here we go again … Decoupage and I need to stop meeting like this!

Happy dance! I like this look so much better.
I have to clean it up and then attach it. Almost done.

And …

The winner of the $25 Starbucks Card is …
Random Pick
Susan@homeroad.net

Congratulations and make it a great day.

9 Responses to "Murphy Bed Update and “Give-A-Way” Winner"

1. thistlewoodfarm

February 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I am so glad you and decoupage met up again. I love the transformation….perfect!

Have an awesome day.

blessings,
    karianne

2. Ashley

February 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Oh gosh, that looks great! I much prefer that fabric to true “chevron” which I’m not really fond of but it’s growing on me because it’s EVERYWHERE!

A murphy bed would be SO handy in our guest bedroom…

February 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Well I’ll wait for the final reveal, cause I’m thinking I liked the decoupage, so I’ll probably like the whole look on the wall too.

February 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Bliss,

I was wondering where you were! I was going to email you if I didn’t hear anything … everything ok?
    Joy

February 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Ashley,
    I am not a Chevron fan either but this was good 🙂 and yes, it is quite the rage 🙂

February 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Karianne,
    I have a couple of thoughts still running around in my head … I don’t want it to be too plain 🙂
    Thank you for your words of encouragement today. I needed it!
    bj

February 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Grand kids for next two weeks while their day care is on vacation. Cuts into my computer time and makes me head to bed early! You ready for our snow tomorrow?
    Bliss

8. Robin Boyd Jackson

February 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

What a great idea. Can’t wait to see the final. Are your going to show photos of it open?

~ robin

itsrobinwithani.com

9. luci wallis

February 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Oh my what a great project, looks great!
    Bristol